Having your home inspected during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Concerned about having a home inspection during the COVID-19 pandemic? You’re not alone. Realtors, Inspectors, and Appraiser are a few equally worried. Many of us receive daily notifications regarding policies, procedures, preventative measures from our national, state, and local affiliations and government officials. It’s important to discuss with your realtor which precautions to take before, during, and after the inspection of a home.
Gulf Coast Inspections is taking the pandemic seriously
- We wear masks and gloves at every inspection
- We are actively practicing social distancing at every inspection
- We do self temperature checks before every inspection
- We regularly sanitize and wash our hands
- We are not engaging in talk of politics or personal beliefs regarding the pandemic
- We are committed to being safe and respectful of our clients, their agents, and homeowners
If you’re having a home inspection done during the pandemic, consider the following:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, reschedule the inspection or do not attend
- Do not shake hands
- Do not attend the inspection if you feel unsafe. We are happy to have a FaceTime, Skype, or Google video call after the inspection is over
- Maintain social distancing of six or more feet apart
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately upon arrival and frequently throughout the inspection
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves and face masks